This module will focus on individuals and groups in relation to their work. It will look at the contribution psychology can make to achieving ‘best fit’ between people and their jobs, thereby to enhance productivity, satisfaction and well-being at work.
The achievement of this award will contribute towards our B.Sc. in Management (Top-Up) degree.
- Apply psychological theory to the workplace and explore the challenges in applying research evidence to support work psychology solutions
- Compare and contrast approaches to personnel selection and evaluate the effectiveness of psychological assessment tools in a selection context
- Critically reflect on theories of stress at work and associated workplace interventions
- Compare and contrast theories of work motivation and discuss their implications for the individual and the work organisation
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Apply psychological theory to the workplace
- Compare and contrast approaches to personnel selection
- Evaluate the effectiveness of psychological assessment tools in a selection context
|Course Code||Duration||Credit Value||Next Intake||FT/PT|
|LW/SC/01||10 weeks||10 ECTS||To be announced||PT|
|Contact Hours||Placement Hours||Self Study Hours||Assessment Hours||Total Learning Hours|
Mode of training
Learners shall be subject to interactive and intellectual discussions with assigned tutor which is an expert within the field of what is being researched. In this particular module learners however are expected to be rather autonomous in conducting, analysing and presenting research with minimal contact hours with supervisor.
100% Assignment based
Be in possession of Minimum Level 4 certification from a recognised local or foreign awarding body or A-level standard of education,
MQF Level 5 (60 ECTS) Diploma in Leadership and Management or an Equivalent qualification at MQF Level 5 in a Business and Management related field.
Candidates may apply for recognition for prior learning (PRL) for up to 50% of the total ECTSs for this programme as per MFHEA’s guidelines.
Have at least 5 years’ experience in a management position. Preference will be given to those applicants who have work experience in the area of study.
Have a good command of oral and written communication in English with a level of proficiency in English equivalent to at least IELTS Level 6.a