This course will introduce the learners to the principles of Marketing and allow them to gain an insight to putting certain marketing models and concepts to practice. Through this course, learners shall be able to understand the nature and the complexity of marketing. Furthermore, learners will also be exposed to the role of the consumer in strategic marketing.
The achievement of this award will contribute towards our B.Sc. in Management (Top-Up) degree.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of effective marketing strategies in an organisation.
- Carry out effective market research under supervision of marketing manager.
- Comply with the market needs and requirements identified through effective market research.
- Use information technology as a use for marketing promotions within an organisation.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Define marketing, and develop a marketing strategy for a micro and a macro environment.
- Define the market research process and identify the role of the marketing manager.
- Introduce and apply Marketing Information Systems as part of the overall marketing process and strategy of an organization.
- Describe consumer management, applying consumer behavior models, describing stimuli and influencers in buying decisions.
- Define market segmentation, targeting and positioning and evaluate how these are important for the marketing strategy of the organization.
- Describe levels and classify products and services and assess how these influence marketing and distribution decisions of an organization.
- Describe the importance of product life-cycle, from introduction to decline and types of pricing influence and assess different pricing strategies
- Define what are the objectives and the process of marketing communications and develop an effective communication strategy for the organization
- Define the role and objectives of advertising and design an effective advertising strategy for an organization.
- Critically evaluate the use and infusion of information and Communications technology in the Marketing strategy of an organization.
- Define the role of ethics in the marketing strategy of the organization.
|Course Code||Duration||Credit Value||Next Intake||FT/PT|
|LW/SC/05||10 weeks||10 ECTS||June 2023||PT|
|Contact Hours||Placement Hours||Self Study Hours||Assessment Hours||Total Learning Hours|
Mode of training
Learners shall be subject to interactive and intellectual discussions with assigned tutor which is an expert within the field of what is being researched. In this particular module learners however are expected to be rather autonomous in conducting, analysing and presenting research with minimal contact hours with supervisor.
Marketing Plan PowerPoint Presentation & Marketing Plan Report.
Be in possession of Minimum Level 4 certification from a recognised local or foreign awarding body or A-level standard of education,
MQF Level 5 (60 ECTS) Diploma in Leadership and Management or an Equivalent qualification at MQF Level 5 in a Business and Management related field.
Candidates may be applying for recognition for prior learning (PRL) for up to 50% of the total ECTSs for this programme as per MFHEA’s guidelines.
Have at least 5 years’ experience in a management position. Preference will be given to those applicants who have work experience in the area of study.
Have a good command of oral and written communication in English with a level of proficiency in English equivalent to at least IELTS Level 6.