This course introduces students to the principles and practices of project management. It will equip the students with the skills, knowledge and competences required for a project manager to overlook a successful project. Upon successful completion of this module, students shall be able to assist their project manager and carry out tasks successfully under the supervision of the project manager.
The achievement of this award will contribute towards our B.Sc. in Management (Top-Up) degree.
- Manage various tasks and phases of a project under the supervision of the project manager;
- Assist the project manager in organising the project team in a manner which allows them to be fully aware of what is expected of them and of their deliverables;
- Develop the final report based on the outcomes of the project;
- Create and assist the project manager in creating SMART objectives for the project;
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Distinguish between different general management and project management;
- Identify the key stakeholders within a project and be familiar with their responsibilities and KPIs;
- Critically identify various risks which might arise in project management and implement contingency plans under the supervision of the project manager;
- Communicate with colleagues, team members and project manager in a manner which is clear and understandable;
- Listen actively to all stakeholders involved within a project;
- Write and report project updates as required in an effective manner;
- Evaluate own learning and undertake further studies in project management;
|Course Code||Duration||Credit Value||Next Intake||FT/PT|
|LW/SC/02||10 weeks||10 ECTS||June 2023||PT|
|Contact Hours||Placement Hours||Self Study Hours||Assessment Hours||Total Learning Hours|
Mode of training
Learners shall be subject to interactive and intellectual discussions with assigned tutor which is an expert within the field of what is being researched. In this particular module learners however are expected to be rather autonomous in conducting, analysing and presenting research with minimal contact hours with supervisor.
100% Assignment based
Be in possession of Minimum Level 4 certification from a recognised local or foreign awarding body or A-level standard of education,
MQF Level 5 (60 ECTS) Diploma in Leadership and Management or an Equivalent qualification at MQF Level 5 in a Business and Management related field.
Candidates may be applying for recognition for prior learning (PRL) for up to 50% of the total ECTSs for this programme as per MFHEA’s guidelines.
Have at least 5 years’ experience in a management position. Preference will be given to those applicants who have work experience in the area of study.
Have a good command of oral and written communication in English with a level of proficiency in English equivalent to at least IELTS Level 6.