This short course introduces students to the principles and guiding methods of
health management. It will allow them to understand how healthcare
organisations operate within an extremely complex environment and require
continuous change. This means that managing in healthcare industries requires
exceptional managerial and leadership skills.
The achievement of this award will contribute towards our B.Sc. in Management (Top-Up) degree.
- Assist in the successful management teams and the organisation within the healthcare industry;
- Guide team members under the supervision and directions of the top management within a healthcare organisation;
- Manage own personal performance with respect to the role and responsibilities;
- Assist top management in setting SMART goals and objectives;
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Evaluate the principles and functions of managerial roles within
the healthcare industry and its importance for the success in
- Analyse critically the skills of a good and effective manager
within healthcare industry
- Appraise various approaches in organizational structures, their
functionality and be able to synthesize the advantages and
disadvantages of such structures in healthcare industry
- Analyse the importance of effective communication within the healthcare industry critically review its benefits and challenges
within the healthcare industry
|Course Code||Duration||Credit Value||Next Intake||FT/PT|
|LW/SC/04||3 months||10 ECTS||February 2023||PT|
|Contact Hours||Placement Hours||Self Study Hours||Assessment Hours||Total Learning Hours|
Mode of training
Learners shall be subject to interactive and intellectual discussions with assigned tutor which is an expert within the field of what is being researched. In this particular module learners however are expected to be rather autonomous in conducting, analysing and presenting research with minimal contact hours with supervisor.
100% Assignment based
Be in possession of Minimum Level 4 certification from a recognised local or foreign awarding body or A-level standard of education,
MQF Level 5 (60 ECTS) Diploma in Leadership and Management or an Equivalent qualification at MQF Level 5 in a Business and Management related field.
Candidates may be applying for recognition for prior learning (PRL) for up to 50% of the total ECTSs for this programme as per MFHEA’s guidelines.
Have at least 5 years’ experience in a management position. Preference will be given to those applicants who have work experience in the area of study.
Have a good command of oral and written communication in English with a level of proficiency in English equivalent to at least IELTS Level 6.