This 3-month course Level 4 course is targeted towards individuals who are currently working with individuals with special needs. The course will touch upon various disabilities and enable the candidate to acquire the knowledge and skills required for him or her to work with persons with disability.
The course builds on existing knowledge and experience and is aimed at providing the student with advanced knowledge, skills and competences required to work and progress in a caring profession within various settings in the disability sector. The course provides a specialist work-related programme of study that offers both breadth and depth of and understanding with the practical skills required in the social care sector specifically in the area of disability.
- Introduction to the context of supporting persons with disability
- Communication in a disability support setting
- Managing risk, emergency and crisis in a disability support setting
- Ethics in a disability support setting
- Practical care of persons with disability
- Best practices in the context of supporting individuals with a disability
The course includes practical sessions which will normally be held within facilities run by HILA an organisation within Vassallo Group.
This course is earmarked to start during the academic year 2019/2020 which starts next October.